Welcome to the NHS Innovation Accelerator (NIA)
Do you have an evidence-based innovation that will improve health outcomes at lower cost than current standard practice? Is your innovation ready to be scaled across the NHS? Are you passionate about sharing the learnings about your experiences?
If so, the NHS Innovation Accelerator (NIA) would like to hear from you.
After a successful first year, the NIA is open for applications from Friday 17 June, closing on 1 August.
The 2016 call seeks mature innovations that tackle at least one of the three following population health based challenges:
Please read the call for applications, this provides more detail of the fellowship, the entry criteria and the benefits of joining.
The aim of the NIA is to deliver on the commitment detailed within the Five Year Forward View – creating the conditions and cultural change necessary for proven innovations to be adopted faster and more systematically through the NHS, and to deliver examples into practice for demonstrable patient and population benefit.
How to apply
If you feel you meet the entry criteria, you will need to do the following:
- Complete the application form
- Film a one minute video “elevator pitch” for your innovation and include the link to this in your application form
- Have the support of your organisation to commit two days per week to the programme
- Provide contact details for two referees (we will not request references unless you are successful)
There are a number of upcoming information sessions
The weekly webinars are open to anyone without the need to register. The webinars will provide detailed information about the application process and the NIA.
Slides will be made available for these sessions and there will be an opportunity for Q&A.
Click here to see the weekly webinar schedule and joining instructions.
Face to face sessions
We are holding two face to face events designed to:
- Provide an overview of the NIA and the application process
- Give insights as to what makes a strong scaling plan in the NHS
- Share learnings from the first year of the Accelerator
Places on the face to face events are limited and you must register to attend these