Meet 20 Digital Health Innovators Set to Transform London’s Health and Care System
Today DigitalHealth.London are proud to announce the latest 20 small and medium sized businesses (SMEs) selected for our flagship Accelerator programme. This year saw an increase in the number and average score of the applications, making it the most competitive selection process since the programme began four years ago. The 20 companies selected for the Accelerator 2020-2021 programme have digital solutions or services that have the highest potential to meet London’s NHS and social care challenges. From patient self-management tools and femtech, to digitizing NHS processes as well as artificial intelligence and cutting-edge machine learning, this group of 20 digital health innovators is set to transform key aspects of health and social care in London and beyond.
Now in its fifth consecutive year, the NHS delivered programme, match funded by the European Regional Development Fund, has supported some of the most effective digital innovations now being used by the NHS. Many of the digital products and services currently providing vital innovation, support and capacity to the NHS during the response to COVID-19, have come through the Accelerator programme.
Jenny Thomas, Programme Director, DigitalHealth.London said: “We are delighted to announce today the 20 digital health SMEs on our fifth DigitalHealth.London Accelerator cohort. After what was the most competitive selection process yet, it is clear that digital health in London is rapidly growing and supporting patients and our NHS and social care services.
“This year has been a defining moment for digital health as it has been at the forefront of the COVID-19 response and will continue to be part of our country’s recovery in the months and years ahead. These 20 SMEs are all ones to watch and we look forward to working with them and playing our part in supporting the NHS and social care through digital transformation.”
Theo Blackwell, Chief Digital Officer for London, said: “The DigitalHealth.London Accelerator ensures that London is at the forefront of digital innovation in health and social care. Many of the digital health technologies and products that are currently supporting our NHS staff and patients have come through the Accelerator. It has become vital to a future where Londoners benefit from the latest technologies to support their health. The pandemic has brought many challenges and pressures to London, the Accelerator is fast tracking digital health innovations and supporting this dynamic and crucial sector to grow.”
Tara Donnelly, Chief Digital Officer, NHSX, said: “The DigitalHealth.London Accelerator is part of a digital revolution in the NHS that continues rapidly to develop, and we will continue to support innovative organisations delivering ground-breaking work.
“This programme has established itself as an important player in supporting the NHS and social care to make the most of the opportunities digital healthtech offers.”
Our Accelerator aims to speed up the adoption of technology in London’s NHS, relieving high pressure on services and empowering patients to manage their health. For every £1 spent on the Accelerator programme it is estimated £14.50 is saved for the NHS*. We works with up to 20 high potential SMEs over a 12-month period, giving bespoke support and advice, a programme of expert-led workshops and events, and brokering meaningful connections between innovators and NHS organisations with specific challenges. The companies successful in getting onto the Accelerator programme have been chosen through a rigorous and highly competitive selection process, involving expert NHS and industry panel assessments, interviews, and due diligence checks.
The SMEs selected for the 2020-2021 DigitalHealth.London Accelerator programme are:
- ART Healthcare Software – psHEALTH’s software enables efficient processing of patient referrals, improves capacity planning and patient access.
- Concentric Health – A digital consent application, with remote consent functionality.
- Feebris – An Artificial Intelligence powered platform that enables carers to conduct high quality check-ups in communities, triage health issues proactively, and escalate concerns to clinician.
- Bleepa® – Feedback Medical’s CE marked digital medical imaging communications tool that enables clinicians to view and discuss patient cases at the touch of a button.
- FibriCheck – A certified solution for symptomatic/known Atrial Fibrillation (AF) patients, and a cost-effective, scalable detection tool for asymptomatic/intermittent patients.
- getUBetter – An evidence-based, CE marked, digital self-management platform for all common musculoskeletal injuries and conditions.
- EXi – An app that analyses user’s health and prescribes a personalised physical activity plan.
- Mendelian – A software solution that supports earlier diagnosis of rare diseases.
- Odin Vision – An Artificial Intelligence enabled applications for endoscopy and aids endoscopists to detect and characterise polyps during colonoscopy procedures.
- Oxehealth – A contact-free vision-based patient monitoring platform for use across inpatient and residential care facilities.
- patientMpower – Remote monitoring application across a range of pulmonary conditions, including pulmonary fibrosis, cystic fibrosis, lung transplant and COVID-19.
- Patients Know Best – A platform that allows patients and professionals to access healthcare records – anytime, anywhere.
- Peppy Health – App that provides health support through life’s big transitions, such as becoming a parent, going through the menopause or going through a fertility journey.
- Phlo Digital Pharmacy – A rapid on-demand same-day pharmacy delivery service empowering patients to better manage their healthcare.
- Regimen – A digital therapy for the 30% of men struggling with erectile dysfunction.
- S12 Solutions – An app and website which helps Approved Mental Health Professionals (AMHPs) and s.12 doctors to efficiently complete Mental Health Act (MHA) processes.
- Solutions 4 Health – A CQC registered provider of both lifestyle and clinical services using artificial intelligence, digital health and clinical healthcare.
- Vantage Health – An Artificial Intelligence platform that transforms the referral process by helping clinicians to direct patients to the best care, based on pathway guidance.
- PocDoc – A digital platform and associated tests from Vital Signs Solutions that allow individuals to test themselves for major diseases using their smartphone, with results available immediately, see a full health assessment and have access to follow on care where required.
- VUI Diagnostics – A plug and play retinal screening device and companion software for simple, affordable and accurate retinal screening.
For more information about each SME visit: digitalhealth.london/accelerator/companies/2020-21/ or view the official 2020-21 Accelerator programme brochure.