A few years ago, I saw a problem in the healthcare industry – tonnes of paper and hours of time were being wasted for medical questionnaires. Such questionnaires help monitor symptoms and empower patients to be more involved in their own treatment. However, due to admin burden, I saw multiple patients that weren’t given the opportunity to complete these assessments. I turned this into an opportunity – a platform that digitises patient outcome measures.
I am excited to announce that MedQ is now live! Over the last year, our team have been busy building a platform that empowers healthcare professionals to use digital innovation when they need it. Our team has more than 15 years of experience working within healthcare settings, and seeing patients suffering from underlying psychological conditions or unmanaged symptoms made us think – how can we improve patient outcomes?
The MedQ platform now contains over 120 digital clinical assessments widely used across areas including ENT, psychology, physiotherapy and many more. These are structured questionnaires which allow patients to record their health and experience of care.
But why should healthcare professionals collect patient outcome measures? Undoubtedly, clinical outcome measure assessments can help both healthcare providers and patients:
- Clinicians can have confidence that their prescribed treatment is effective.
- Patients can monitor their symptoms and be more engaged in their own treatment – this improves quality of life and health outcomes.
- Data can be used for service development and monitoring variations in scores across clinicians, departments and hospitals.
- Information collected can also be presented to decision-makers (i.e., managers, organisations, purchasers, CCGs, government and policy direction) to influence positive change.
We believe collecting this information is extremely important and our technology can really help.
The benefits of the MedQ platform
- No more printing and manual calculation of scores
- Easy to read in-depth analytics
- Automation of recurring assessments
- Exportable data for audits and appraisals
- Licensing permissions already included
- Remote patient monitoring
- Improved patient outcomes
Our first clients from the private sector have shown that MedQ can contribute to better uptake of questionnaires, easier data collection and improved patient outcomes.
In the coming months, we are planning to pilot our platform/technology in the NHS and are focusing on the new features that will make patient assessment completion even more seamless.
We have removed all barriers and are inviting healthcare professionals to use our platform free of charge anytime, anywhere. Just visit our website and register to start improving your clinical practice.
DigitalHealth.London is delighted to publish blogs by the NHS staff and digital health companies we support through our programmes, as well as sector thought-leaders, experts and academics. Any opinions expressed within blogs published on our website are those of the author and not necessarily held by DigitalHealth.London. For more information, or if you would like to write a blog for our website, please email info@digitalHealth.london.
MedQ is part of the DigitalHealth.London Launchpad which is part of the Accelerator programme.
The DigitalHealth.London Accelerator is a collaborative programme funded by two of London’s Academic Health Science Networks – UCL Partners and the Health Innovation Network, MedCity, CW+ and receives match funding from the European Regional Development Fund.