“Failure to warn” (lack of informed consent) cost the NHS £233 million between 2012 and 2017 . Obtaining informed consent in a traditional paper-based manner is often a lengthy and resource-intensive process. In addition, there are significant medico-legal pitfalls, such as incomplete or missing forms, illegible handwriting and minimal evidence of patient engagement. In a post-COVID world, a digital approach is required, offering significant benefits around patient engagement, clinical efficiencies and reduced medico-legal risk. Clinicians benefit from a more robust, streamlined process, whilst patients receive the best available evidence about their condition, treatment options and potential risks.
EIDO are market leaders in informed consent, with over 20 years experience delivering patient-centered and content-led digital solutions to support joint decision making. EIDO’s solutions are used in over 65% of NHS hospitals and 85% of acute private hospitals, and support health professionals to efficiently and safely obtain and record informed consent from patients. In doing so, they enhance the patient experience, improve clinical workflows and protect organisational and clinical reputations. EIDO’s consent solutions can be deployed into a stand-alone hospital environment, but also seamlessly integrated across a growing ecosystem of third-party technology partners.
- Nearly 400 peer-reviewed, treatment-specific patient consent articles
- Over eight million surgical consent decisions supported annually by EIDO
- Deployed in 65% of acute NHS hospitals
- Deployed in 85% of acute private hospitals
- Global network of distributors
- EIDO content is in use in over 1,000 hospitals across five continents
- Royal College of Surgeons of England approved
- NHS England Information Standard approved