Digital Health.London accelerator company Inhealthcare: NHS technology collaboration in North West London
The NHS in North West London is preparing to roll out the next generation of digital technologies that will make it easier to access health and care services at a fraction of the cost.
The North West London Collaboration of Clinical Commissioning Groups has signed an agreement with Inhealthcare, a UK leader in digital health and remote patient monitoring, after being introduced through the DigitalHealth.London Accelerator programme, which it took part in in 2016-17.
Inhealthcare joined the programme to help form new partnerships and spread adoption of its digital health services in the capital.
The agreement will allow the NHS to work more efficiently and cost effectively, by procuring digital services across a population of two million people.
Kwesi Afful, Digital Citizen and Innovation Lead at the North West London Collaboration of Clinical Commissioning Groups, said: “We have been looking for a solution which will enable digital innovation among our clinical colleagues so that patients can benefit from the latest digital tools.
“We are excited about this collaboration with Inheathcare and believe that it will help us deliver cutting-edge services and solutions to help improve health and wellbeing across NW London.”
Digital services that Inhealthcare can help develop and deliver will include, equipment and apps. A key benefit will be the ability for the NHS to offer targeted, personalised care to residents with a safe-and-secure connection to health and care systems and patient records.
Bryn Sage, Chief Executive of Inhealthcare, said: “Our technology will give people the choice of safe and convenient access to health and care services, making it easier for clinicians to communicate directly with patients and help to reduce pressure on GP surgeries and outpatient clinics.
“Services will be available to virtually everyone via telephone landline as well as smartphone, tablet and desktop computers.
“We are absolutely thrilled to be working across such a large part of London, this is a major milestone for Inhealthcare.”
- Inhealthcare is a UK leader in digital health and remote patient monitoring.
- It has developed the Inhealthcare digital toolkit to help clinical teams build their own digital health services for any area of care at scale, speed and low cost.
- Inhealthcare has worked with clinicians to build a library of more than 50 services to support long-term conditions including heart disease, lung disease, hypertension, diabetes, undernutrition and smoking cessation.
- Inhealthcare is highly secure, scoring 100 per cent on the Department of Health Information Governance Toolkit Level 3 and is ISO27001 and ISO9001 accredited.
- Inhealthcare has rolled out digital health services in Northern Ireland, Scotland, the North East, the North West, the Midlands, East Anglia and the Home Counties.
- Inhealthcare offers communications channels that are inclusive for all patients, regardless of ability, including SMS, app, online, voice and Amazon Alexa.
- Amazon.com chief technology officer Werner Vogels cites Inhealthcare as an example of good practice in the use of voice technology to bring digital health services to patients.