DigitalHealth.London is pleased to announce that it will run a new three-month programme of support for companies, known as the DigitalHealth.London Launchpad. The programme will focus on helping a select number of digital health innovators develop and launch new innovative digital health products and/or processes targeting the NHS.
The DigitalHealth.London Launchpad will support an initial 5-8 companies through the process of developing a new digital health product(s) or process(es) for the NHS. It will help them understand demand, carry out product testing, and bring the product or process to market. The project will provide up to 12 hours of support to participants over a three-month period. Support will consist of:
- Bespoke 1:1 advice from DigitalHealth.London digital health consultants
- Advice from key founding and strategic partners to bring rich and diverse expertise across healthcare innovation
- A small event with selected guests in March 2020, when new products will be showcased and/or launched.
How to apply
Applications are open until 26 August 2019 at 23:59, with support beginning in November 2019 and ending in March 2020.
Applications will be scored by DigitalHealth.London team members, before shortlisting. Shortlisted candidates will be offered an interview with a senior member of the team and a DigitalHealth.London digital health consultant.
At both the application form stage and at interview, applications will be scored for their suitability for participation in the London Launchpad in four areas:
- The companies must be London-based, and fit the European Commission’s definition of a small and medium-sized enterprise
- Credibility of the company to develop and deliver the product
- NHS need for the product or process
- Potential to benefit from the programme
- Companies that have a product or solution in development and a launch date of on or before March 2019 can apply
- Companies must be based in London
- Companies must demonstrate compliance with the European Commission’s definition of “small and medium-sized enterprise (SME) at the time of embarking on the programme http://ec.europa.eu/growth/smes/business-friendly-environment/sme-definition_en If you are not sure whether or not you meet the criteria, we will be able to make a judgment based on your responses to questions in the form
- Businesses must be registered with Companies House to join DigitalHealth.London Accelerator. We can accept sole-traders, providing you have a unique tax reference number. If you are a charity, please contact email@example.com to discuss before applying
- The benefits offered through the DigitalHealth.London Launchpad classify as assistance under the European Commission’s De Minimis Regulation (Commission Regulation (EU) No 1407/2013 of 18 December 2013) on the application of Articles 107 and 108 of the Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union to de minimis aid; Official Journal L 352/1 of 24.12.2013). This allows an undertaking to receive up to €200,000 worth of assistance over any three year fiscal period (i.e. fiscal years used by the undertaking in the UK). The amount of de minimis aid that your company will receive through the DigitalHealth.London Launchpad is estimated to be worth the equivalent of £3,000. You will receive a State Aid certificate at the end of your involvement with the accelerator programme, confirming how much de minimis aid you received. More information can be found here
Please note that as part of the project, participating companies will be required to sign an agreement with DigitalHealth.London, provide declarations of their London-base and SME status, and supply details to inform the Launchpad and DigitalHealth.London’s collection of metrics.