50% of all mental ill-health starts by age 14, and 75% by age 18. 10% of children aged 5 to 16 in the UK suffer from a clinically significant mental illness and 1 in 5 teenagers between 16 to 19 have a diagnosable mental health disorder. The NHS is struggling with:
- Long waiting lists
- Have to turn away patients and urgent cases
- Challenge supporting children before or after therapy
- Challenge how to give access to available resources and information
Maxim gives young people access to health and wellbeing support from home. Maxim is encouraging young people to do nothing – unplug and decompress – keeping them engaged to learn about who they are and how they feel.
We are developing VR spaces for children and young people. Our mission is to improve mental health disorders among young people and teach them to unplug and decompress, with access to personalized well-being exercises, creative therapy, ‘nature’ and simulated self-transcendent Group VR experiences.
Maxim is for children and teenagers between 6-19 years. The first product will be designed for young people with a diagnosed mental health disorder and will be offered personalized and specific support which can be accessed from home. In the future, we will offer preventative solutions and exercises for young people to cope with everyday problems, and who might need extra support to build self-esteem and self-love.
- 10% of children aged 5 to 16 in the UK suffer from a clinically significant mental illness
- 1 in 5 teenagers between 16 to 19 have a diagnosable mental health disorder
- 19% of young people aged 16 to 24 showing symptoms of anxiety or depression
- 1 in 7 children and young people under the age of 18 will have lived with domestic violence at some point in their childhood
- 1 in 10 young people will self-harm
- 1 in 9 girls and 1 in 53 boys under the age of 18 experienced sexual abuse or assault
Our goal is to reduce mental health disorders among young people, to educate them and give them access to support when needed. Our mission is to support Children & Teenagers in developing into healthy young people.