Providers, commissioners and regulators of health and care are under increasing pressure to deliver more with less and in particular make the best use of their data for planning of demand and capacity, optimal resource allocation and service delivery.
Edge Health is a specialist firm that provides tailored healthcare data analytics and insight. Their capabilities range from modelling and evaluation to advanced data science and bespoke software development.
Clients love working with Edge health because of their ability to bring data to life, find the insights that make a difference and give confidence to make decisions
Edge health was recognised by the Financial Times as a leading healthcare consultancy (2020, and 2021), shortlisted for an HSJ award, ‘highly commended’ by the HTN, and shortlisted as a Digital Leader in 2020.
- £3m saved at South Tees from reduced overtime through better theatre utilisation enabled by SpaceFinder – one of the first successful uses of AI used in the NHS and highlighted by CQC as “Outstanding Practice”
- 3rd highest A&E performance following +700 bed reconfiguration enabled by Edge health bed modelling
- +1,000 GIRFT reports from orthopaedics to neonatal intensive care delivered to front line clinicians across the whole NHS based on Edge Health analysis to aid clinical quality improvement and reduction in unwarranted variation
- + 3,000 press mentions of Edge Health’s research work on COVID-19 and coverage on major national and international news networks
- £294 million saved for the NHS in 2019 on the biological drug Adalimumab following Edge health support for novel procurement mechanism
- +100 General Practices supported with quality improvement and population health analytics
- +£500 million of capital investment supported based on our clinical demand analysis and capacity modelling, including Moorfield’s new eye hospital and St George’s new ED
- £30 million additional funding for group of specialist hospitals on the back of Edge health advocacy and modelling