The DigitalHealth.London Accelerator is looking for an “NHS Navigator” to provide bespoke support and advice to digital health companies looking to crack the NHS market. You’ll be uniquely positioned to learn about and influence the adoption of digital technologies within the NHS, for the benefit of patients and the system.
This is a fantastic opportunity to get involved in a growing team that have supported companies like DrDoctor, LIVI, Perfect Ward, and Echo.
What you’ll do
From making introductions to key NHS decision makers to attending business strategy meetings of your mentee companies, no two days are the same as an NHS Navigator:
- You’ll support companies to develop new innovations, products and processes to benefit the NHS; providing one-to-one guidance through the process of getting “NHS-ready”
- Acting as a relationship manager between healthtech SMEs and London’s NHS, you’ll open doors and provide an honest NHS perspective to innovators
- You’ll support senior NHS clinical and service leaders to think through their service transformation needs, and work with them to source and connect with appropriate digital innovations
- You’ll provide written reports on project progress, monitor risks and issues, and design management plans for each company you work with
Who you are
- You’ll be an experienced NHS clinician or manager with a passion for the potential of digital innovation and technology to transform healthcare
- You might be an aspiring clinical leader, senior manager, or entrepreneur, looking to make a change in your career
- You’ll have a strong understanding of health and social care strategy and policy
- You’ll have a strong network across London’s NHS, and understand how to get things done within NHS organisations – who to talk to, how funding flows, how decisions are made
- You’ll be an excellent team player with strong interpersonal skills; adept at building credibility and influence with both care providers and entrepreneurs.
- You’ll have a can-do attitude, and the ability to think creatively to problem-solve and persevere in sometimes challenging circumstances
Dr Jo Garland, Clinical Lead at Infinity Health talks about how almost everything the business achieves is in some way down to their involvement with the Accelerator.
Dr Felix Jackson, Founder and Medical Director at medCrowd, talks about how the Accelerator helped his company “pivot.”
Vivek Patni, Co-Founder and Director at Lavanya, and Chris Whittle, Founder and CEO at Q doctor, talk about how the Accelerator has helped connect their companies to NHS organisations, and support them with setting up NHS pilots and contracts.