The NHS Innovation Accelerator (NIA) is currently looking for individuals representing high impact, evidence-based innovations, sourced nationally and internationally, which address one or more of the commitments laid out in the NHS Long Term Plan. For its 5th call for applicants, the NIA will select up to 12 new Fellows. Those selected will join a pool of existing Fellows and Alumni supporting 52 innovations.
The NIA is an NHS England initiative delivered in partnership with England’s 15 Academic Health Science Networks (AHSNs) and hosted at UCLPartners. The national programme supports dedicated individuals (‘Fellows’) to scale their high impact, evidence-based innovations across the English NHS and wider healthcare system for patient, population and staff benefit. The NIA offers a unique dual focus on personal development for individuals and bespoke support to spread an innovation recognises that both are critical to scaling in the NHS.
Who can apply to join the NIA?
The NIA is open to applicants from any background. Applicants can be the inventor of the innovation, the lead for it within their organisation or the representative of an innovation they find compelling.
Applicants, nationally and internationally, can be clinicians; academics; from a public-sector, charitable or not-for-profit organisation; from a small or medium-sized enterprise (SME); from a large corporate.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- The innovation addresses one or more of the commitments laid out in the NHS Long Term Plan
- The innovation demonstrates, in practice, significant outcomes for significantly lower cost
- The innovation is supported by an evidence base and is ready to be diffused across the NHS
- The applicant has a passion for learning and for sharing their insight widely
- The applicant is committed to scaling evidence-based innovations for patient and population benefit
Key application dates
- 4 September – applications open
- 23 October 2019, midnight – application deadline
- 19 December 2019 – applicants notified of application status
- 27 January 2020 – outcomes communicated to shortlisted applicants
To find out more
- Register to attend an informational event on nhsaccelerator.com/apply
- 18 September, Meet the NIA, London
- 25 September, Q&A webinar
- 30 September, Meet the NIA, Bristol
- 9 October, Q&A webinar
- 10 October, Meet the NIA, Leeds
- 17 October, Q&A webinar
- Follow @NHSAccelerator on Twitter
- Email email@example.com