DigitalHealth.London can help with access to the right funding streams based on an innovators stage of development and commercialization. Options for funding include: venture capitalists, angels, grant applications, charity funding, third party collaborations, crowd sourcing…
Pre-investment tips from Hak Salih
General: De-risk the investment
- Know your competitors
- Intellectual Property (IP)– do you own it/ do you licence it?
- What are return on investment (ROI) timelines like?
- Ensure you are SEIS/ EIS eligible
- Fund raise as early as possible
- Know the clinical pathway
- Have you addressed the 4Ps? Patient, Prescriber, Payer, Provider – have you evaluated each of their needs? Which will pay for it?
- Sell the problem you solve, not the product.
Related Case Studies
- Social Tech Seed is an open grant-funding programme that offers entrepreneurial organisations early-stage investment to develop innovative projects harnessing the power of the internet and digital technologies to deliver significant social change. The programme supports projects tackling pressing ... Social Tech Seed is looking for entrepreneurs who can offer new approaches to the internet and digital technology for challenges including environment and sustainability, wellbeing and healthcare, education and employment.
- The Imagine If! is the first truly global competition and accelerator program for technology based on genuine, novel scientific idea which has a significant impact on improving human or animal wellbeing. The accelerator provides to early stage science-based ventures extensive opportunities: me ... The Innovation Forum is a network of over 10,000 innovators looking to build bridges between industry, academia, and government.
- The Central Research Laboratory has funding opportunities and accelerator programmes that help jumpstart an SME at an early-stage. Their nine month accelerator program provides mentors, workshops, work space, funding and much more and is a great opportunity for innovators to get their ideas to ... The Central Research Laboratory helps innovators make products, start businesses, and market their products. CRL focuses on entrepreneurs at an early stage so that they can help mentor at every step along the way.
- Collaborate to Innovate is part-funded by the European Regional Development Fund. The project aims to promote knowledge transfer and commercialisation of innovations. They are looking for SME's that have potential innovative projects and wish to bring new products and services to the market. MedCity's Collaborate to Innovate focuses on supporting and growing the life-sciences ecosystem.
- Doctorpreneurs seeks out opportunities to help their members get actively involved and to help them start their entrepreneurial journey. They also work with early stage startup companies with a medical background who are focused on healthcare innovation. Doctorpreneurs is a community for doctors, medical students and individuals interested in transforming healthcare through innovation.
- Healthbox has two core offerings, Healthbox Studios and Healthbox Foundry. Healthbox studios is their accelerator designed to help the most serious startups in healthcare to rapidly pressure test and validate their businesses to scale. The Healthcare Foundry is a proprietary evaluation and co ... Healthbox offers many opportunities for innovators and is working with leading healthcare organizations that recognize the need for innovation to come from both inside and outside established institutions.
- The Health Foundation has funding opportunities called the Efficiency Research Program and the Q Initiative. They are looking to fund innovative research ideas that'll support the long-term sustainability of health and social care in the UK. They aim to bring people together with improvement ... The Health Foundation is an independent charity that aims to bring people together to innovate and bring about better health and health care in the UK.
- The NIHR commissions and funds NHS, social care and public health research to develop the evidence to support decision making by professionals, policy makers, patients and carers. They offer different funding for each step in the innovation pathway starting with basic research in a laboratory ... The NIHR funds many programmes addressing a wide range of health priorities. Funding is based on the quality and importance of the research to personal social services, public health and the NHS.
- Guy’s and St. Thomas’ Charity supports innovative projects to make a difference in health and healthcare. They offer funding for both GSTT staff and applicants from other organizations and individuals through the Health Innovation Fund. GSTT also offers a Bright Ideas Fund, the projects sup ... GSTT helps to identify and act on key issues in health and care, working with others to achieve radical, lasting change.
- The Health Technology Assessment Programme is the largest of the NIHR programmes. They fund independent research about the effectiveness, costs and broader impact of healthcare treatments and tests for those who plan, provide or receive care in the NHS. They invest in healthcare innovation as ... The NIHR works with the NHS and has significantly increased the volume of applied health research and continues to offer excellent funding and support.
- Guys and St. Thomas NHS Foundation Trust works with those within the NHS Trusts to support and invest in innovative ideas. It offers multiple funding opportunities for people within the trust. GSTT supports ideas such as health-care related software, medical devices and other digital health solu ... Guy's and St. Thomas' Foundation Trust are searching for innovators who are ready to act upon key problems in healthcare to achieve radical, lasting change.
- The Big Lottery Fund supports the aspirations of people who want to make life better for their communities. They deliver funding throughout the UK, mostly through programmes tailored specifically to the needs of communities in England, Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland as well as some programm ... The Big Lottery Fund supports people who aspire to make the health care system better for communities specifically in the UK area.
- AHRQ provides multiple opportunities for funding in order to make health care safer, higher quality, more accessible, equitable and affordable. Funding ranges from educational and career development grants to specific research grants. More information about specific funding opportunities can be ... AHRQ offers many funding opportunities in hopes to produce evidence to improve healthcare.
- The Angels in MedCity programme works to help entrepreneurs in the life sciences sector to successfully raise growth capital through training and support. Companies are selected based on merit and how well they meet the selection criteria. Every 2-3 months, typically 6 companies are selected f ... Angels in MedCity have a particular focus on digital health and aim to connect new investors with experienced investors in order to advance the digital health market.
- The Academic Health Science Networks (AHSN) work closely with the national SBRI Healthcare programme to hold regular workshops assisting with the identification of unmet clinical and healthcare needs, solutions to which may be available within the private sector.The SBRI biannual competiti ... The Small Business Research Initiative is an NHS England initiative working in partnership with the AHSN's to bring together business, health, technology and government partners. SBRI offers regular competitions which result in fully funded development contracts between the company and the NHS.
- King's College LondonDepartment: Imaging Sciences and Biomedical Engineering Expertise in: Non-invasive visualization of physiological and patho-physiological processes using advanced cardiovascular imaging Keen to engage in: Academic and commercial partners, collaborati ... Non-invasive visualization of physiological and pathophysiological processes using advanced cardiovascular imaging
c/o: Health Innovation Network
5 Montague Close